Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Good riddance 2010!!!

The nightmare for my running that was 2010 is no longer.  I ran approximately 1,050 miles, although I am not quite sure how accurate that number is because I did not keep very good records due to my ongoing frustrations with injuries.  This is down about 60% from my 2009 total of about 2,585.  To look at it a different way:

2009: average of about 50 miles/week
2010: average of about 20 miles/week

I guess one could put a positive spin on it and say I have that many more miles under my belt than I did at the end of 2009.  To be honest, I think there is some truth to that.  But, that is far as I am going to deal with that issue!

I am optimistic about 2011.  I don't know what the future holds for me with respect to running and racing, but I'm pretty sure chances are it will be better than 2010!  For now, I am going to just bury 2010 and try to forget about how it made me feel.  I will take the lessons I learned from it and hopefully take a more intelligent approach to training in 2011, that is assuming I can get back to "training".

Mostly I think I just had bad luck.  For someone still somewhat new to running, I should not have had the severity of injuries I endured.  Maybe it was also a test...to make me appreciate the ability I have or to appreciate the many other positive things in my life or to test my resolve to see how much I really wanted to run, train & race.  The point is, I don't know why all this happened.  What I did learn is running is part of who I am.

2011 brings hope, a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment