Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

a little improvement

So, I had my midway progress appointment with my doctor on Monday (12/13).  My personal analysis prior to the appointment was:
1) my lower back had improved, but was still tender and sore at times especially upon waking
2) my upper back felt worse than when I began
3) I was managing my calf discomfort and the knots/adhesions seem to have gotten smaller from using my foam roller daily and getting the muscle work done during appointments.
Overall) I feel like I had plateaued and was not improving anymore.

He took a thermography scan of my back.  What this means is he basically ran this instrument from my buttocks up my spine to the top of my neck.  The machine senses heat in the areas along my spine, the purpose being to identify muscles that are emitting heat from irritation.  The results showed far less irritation in both the upper and lower back, although my neck still had some inflammation.

Wednesday I had another appointment.  I was feeling as though I had made slight improvements since Monday.  Much to my surprise, my doctor stated he really liked how I was aligned even though I may not feel the improvement yet.  He did a few extra adjustments to try and alleviate my upper back stiffness.  It seems to have helped.

Also, I was the first patient to experience the deep muscle stimulator.  He used it on my calf on the scar tissue buildup previously diagnosed.  I'll have to pay attention to see if it works.

I am feeling even better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment