Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Hereeeeeeeeeeee comes Rusty!

For those who don't get the title reference, it is what the announcer used to say when the fake rabbit was coming around the corner before releasing the greyhounds from the starting gate at Hile High Dog Track.  The reason I am writing it is because I am running a race tomorrow.  I am running the Christmas Carol Classic 10k at City Park.  I figured it was a good incognito race to do because Rudolph's Revenge is tomorrow and most fast runners will be down there.

This will give me a chance to assess my current fitness.  I've run sporadically lately: 60+ 3 weeks ago, 51 2 weeks ago, 39 last week, and this week will be 70-80 (48+ already this week).  So, I will be running on tired legs, but it is a good jumping off point.  I'm going to shoot for a sub-37, but that is a reach.  Hopefully one or two fast guys in my range will be there in order to pull me around for a faster time than I can do on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment